Honda returns with the CBR 250 R for 2012 as a carry-over model with the only new feature being the White/Pearl Blue/Red color scheme joining the Red/Silver and Metallic Black options. And unlike other Honda sportbikes, both colors are available with optional ABS.
The Honda CBR250 R features an "extremely efficient 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine featuring a sophisticated four-valve DOHC cylinder head, engine counterbalancer, and PGM-FI fuel injection, plus the option of ABS and more."
Regarding suspension, the lighweight Honda CBR250R features a diamond twin-spar steel frame plus a 37mm front fork and Pro-Link single-shock rear suspension, which provide impressive handling and a comfortable ride.
The machine gets 77 mpg, which allows over 200-miles to a tank of gas, and will be kind to the wallet. Although 2012 pricing has yet to be announced, it should be close to its debut prices of $3,999 and $4,499 for ABS.
There are also some Hodna Geniune Accessories available, including passenger seat cowl (black), carbon fiber tank pad, carbon fiber fuel lid and outdoor cover.
Following are the specs and color options for the 2012 CBR 250 R.
2012 Honda CBR250R (ABS) Specs:
- Engine Type: 249.4cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke: 76mm x 55mm
- Compression ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Induction: PGM-FI, 38mm throttle body
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Front: 37mm fork; 4.65 inches travel
- Rear: Pro-Link single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability; 4.07 inches travel
- Front: Single 296mm disc
- Rear: Single 220mm disc
- Optional ABS
- Front: 110/70-17 radial
- Rear: 140/70-17 radial
- Wheelbase: 53.9 inches
- Rake (Caster Angle): 25.0°
- Trail: 98.6mm (3.9 inches)
- Seat Height: 30.5 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 3.4 gallons
- Estimated Fuel Economy: 77 mpg
- 357 pounds (CBR250R) / 366 pounds (CBR250R ABS)
- White/Pearl Blue/Red / NA
- Metallic Black / NA